Sunday, October 15, 2006

You Can Now Read "Unveil Me My Love" On Lulu



I want people to preview my historical fiction Unveil Me My Love written to uncover the erroneous and ambiguous notions of millions of ignorant Muslims who are being misled on the so called controversial decision of Jack Straw to ask Muslim women wearing the burqa to oblige to remove their niqab (veil) so that he would see their faces when meeeting with him. My historical romance is based on facts from Islam and if you want to read the whole story, you can download it for only $1 in electronic version or buy the hardcover version on Lulu.com

Here are extracts from the historical fiction.


Later Sunniyah told me that Aishah(ra) disclosed to her what he whispered into her ear.
“No Prophet is taken by death until he has been shown his place in Paradise and then offered the choice to live or to die.”

The Unveiling of Rekiyyah bint Abu bakr (ra)

One cold night, I was sitting alone in front of my tent under the half moon when I saw a hooded figure on the white mule of the prophet (pbuh) that was a precious gift from Muqawqis. I was wondering who could be this strange visitor.
Then as the figure came closer, I recognized that it was a female figure.
Then the unmistakable velvet voice of Rekiyyah bint Abu Bakr (ra) greeted me.
“Salam Alaikum.”
“Wa alaikum salam, sister.”
I was gaping and gasping in awe. Why would I to be honoured by such a highly revered visitor?
“Alhamdulillaah!” I exclaimed inwardly.
I hurriedly took her by her slim hands into my tent. I did not want anyone to see her.
..............

It was Anita. She said she would be waiting for me. And the editor of Al-Sharq Al-Awsat was already with her.
I had my bath and dressed up in my denim jacket and pants with leather shoes. I brought out the scroll from the chest and pushed the chest back under the bed. I put the scroll in my briefcase and left the house for King's Cross Station.

“Do you think this is the most conducive time to serialize this Islamic love story? With the raging storm over what Jack Straw said about the burqa?” The editor of Al-Sharq Al-Awsat said.
“Should be. Because, this should clear the doubts of all Muslims who felt offended by the decision of Jack Straw,” Anita said.
She was looking at the manuscript of the scroll as she spoke.
“Babbi, this is a priceless museum piece,” Anita said.
“The Islamic Museum in Jeddah would be interested in this scroll,” the editor of Al-Sharq Al-Awsat said adjusting her spectacles as she examined it.
“I would prefer the British Museum,” I said.
I sat back and sipped from the cup of hot tea Anita served me.
“Why the British Museum? When this is a special relic of the history of Islam and should be where it belongs. The author was the captain of the bodyguards of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Nothing like this has ever been found in the whole Islamic world,” said the editor of Al-Sharq Al-Awsat.
I regarded her as she looked up at me. In her blue hijab and formal black skirt suit and I was wondering what kind of shoes she was wearing. She was a middle-aged woman who still looked attractive.
“I prefer the British Museum for better security,” I said.
“Why?” She asked.
“I am not sure if the sensitive Islamic clerics would appreciate the value of this masterpiece of historical romance during the days of Prophet Muhammad. I don’t want any religious fanatic to vandalize it,” I said.
Anita chuckled.

Read Unveil Me My Love

No comments: